External Mic Input on eMac

P

ppropp

I can't seem to get the external Mic input to work on an eMac.

I'm thinking its either:

1) someone abused the input and broke the circuit

2) I've got something configured wrong.

Any ideas?

OP
F

Fallooza

does it have an intwrnal mic? if it does maybe you neen to switch it over in system prefs.

OP
P

ppropp

I can get the internal mic to work. and I've switched over to the external input. But when I do that I get no input

OP
B

Badger

Are you using the right mic? An eMac requires a line-level mic. Also, if the mic-in socket is damaged or if you are trying for high quality recording you'll want to invest in a USB adapter such as Griffin's iMic. You can download SoundSource at http://www.rogueamoeba.com/freebies/. This will put a sound control menu in the menu bar instead of going to the prefs every time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Since when does the eMac hav a Mic-port? It's a line-in port, which needs line level. The output of most conventional Mics is not line level.
And the eMac has a built-in Mic anyway...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Avalon said:
Since when does the eMac hav a Mic-port? It's a line-in port, which needs line level. The output of most conventional Mics is not line level.
And the eMac has a built-in Mic anyway...
I dont think it does i think he might be trying to plug into the headphone jack and that would definitely cause it no to work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.