MacMini

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
Anyone know if my old MacMini has Bluetooth please - for a Bluetooth keyboard?

By 'old' I mean not the latest ones with accessible memory upgrade slots - the model before that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->

By 'old' I mean not the latest ones with accessible memory upgrade slots - the model before that.

Yes, the previous model mini has bluetooth.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

Not all Mac-Mini's came with Airport and/or Bluetooth. You didn't mention exactly what model you have...but the early G4 Mac-mini's did not automatically come with airport/bluetooth. If you have an Intel based Mac-Mini...I think all models came with bluetooth (and airport).

You can also go to:

- Apple Menu > About This Mac > More Info
- Then click on "Bluetooth" in the left column

This will confirm whether you have bluetooth or not.

HTH,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Not all Mac-Mini's came with Airport and/or Bluetooth. You didn't mention exactly what model you have...but the early G4 Mac-mini's did not automatically come with airport/bluetooth. If you have an Intel based Mac-Mini...I think all models came with bluetooth (and airport).

You can also go to:

- Apple Menu > About This Mac > More Info
- Then click on "Bluetooth" in the left column

This will confirm whether you have bluetooth or not.

HTH,

- Nick

I was going on his statement of "the model before that" in which all models would have bluetooth, correct? I don't think there was an option not to get bluetooth on the last model of the mini.

I wish all manufacturers would put bluetooth in everything these days like Apple does. I hate to have to make sure bluetooth is included on say a Dell laptop. It is not like these chips cost anything, and 8 out of 10 times the slot is on the board.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was going on his statement of "the model before that" in which all models would have bluetooth, correct? I don't think there was an option not to get bluetooth on the last model of the mini.

I think that the OP's statement:

"By 'old' I mean not the latest ones with accessible memory upgrade slots - the model before that."

...is pretty ambiguous. A good number of the Mac-Mini models did not have easily accessible ram slots. So a lot of Mac-Mini models could fit into the "model before that" statement.

I'm guessing that if someone is having trouble figuring out if their Mac-Mini has bluetooth...then they also may not be that familiar with the evolution of Mac-Mini models. So there could be some error in the "model before that" statement.;)

Basically if the OP had told us the exact model & specs...we could give a much more exact & definite answer.

If the OP has an Intel based Mac-Mini...then it's fairly definite that it has bluetooth.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
So true Nick! You always seem to think things through. :D

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So true Nick! You always seem to think things through. :D

Nobody's perfect...I get it wrong sometimes!

And when I do...it's usually a BIG embarrassing mistake!!!
smiley-laughing024.gif

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.