Scratches? NO!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 17", 1.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM
Can someone point me to a good product that is supposed to help "remove" scratches? I know that there is no 100% scratch remover, but do you guys know of a good one? Thanks a bunch! :biohazard

Reaction score
BurntSmore said:
Can someone point me to a good product that is supposed to help "remove" scratches? I know that there is no 100% scratch remover, but do you guys know of a good one? Thanks a bunch! :biohazard
Are you talking about the steel back or the plastic front?

ed724

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 17", 1.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM
ed724 said:
Are you talking about the steel back or the plastic front?

ed724

I don't really mind the scratches in the back, but I've got a couple of annoying scratches on the LCD screen. I was also wondering, is there anyplace that sells the cases of the iPod so I can just remove the old one and snap on the new one?

Reaction score
BurntSmore said:
I don't really mind the scratches in the back, but I've got a couple of annoying scratches on the LCD screen. I was also wondering, is there anyplace that sells the cases of the iPod so I can just remove the old one and snap on the new one?

I use a product called Micro Mesh. You can use it on the plastic side or the metal side.

http://www.wicksaircraft.com/catalog/product_detail.php/pid=8985~subid=2251/

I think the KR-70 kit goes up to 8000 grain paper. They make a 12000 grain paper as well. The kit includes a super fine polishing creme as well. The secret to using this product is to use the roughest grain that will remove your scratches, then work up through the finer grains removing the scratches from the previous grain as you go. You can use it wet or dry, wet will allow you to gauge your work better.

I use this stuff to remove scratches from aircraft windshields.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.