iOS4 and Tiger

Reaction score
So I am on Tiger on my iMac G4 and want to sync my iPhone with my computer. It has been upgraded to iOS4 already from a different computer (iBook). I know the iPhone 4 requires Leopard 10.5.8, but is that because of the iPhone 4 hardware or the iOS4 software? Like, can I stull sync and operate my iPhone with iOS4 on it thru Tiger?

Also, ever since upgrading to Leopard on my iBook G4 1.2GHz 1.25GB RAM, youtube pretty much sucked. Will going back to Tiger help? Thanks!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
This will not help with your iPhone issue but with 10.5 on the ibook and You Tube, Download the latest Flash update 10.1. Even my iMac G5 iSight was lagging badly on You Tube lately and installing Flash 10.1 really took down the CPU usage and the videos are smooth again. Can't hurt to try.

I will let someone else answer your iOS4 on 10.4 question because I have no idea.

OP
K
Reaction score
thanks

This will not help with your iPhone issue but with 10.5 on the ibook and You Tube, Download the latest Flash update 10.1. Even my iMac G5 iSight was lagging badly on You Tube lately and installing Flash 10.1 really took down the CPU usage and the videos are smooth again. Can't hurt to try.

I will let someone else answer your iOS4 on 10.4 question because I have no idea.

Thanks, I will try that when I get home. Hope I can find out about the Tiger thing soon.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.