iOS4 thoughts and opinions?

Reaction score
The new spellcheck update or whatever seems to give me problems. Not as responsive, instead of changing some words automatically it just underlines them in red.

Where should I see this spell check at work? Cause so far I haven't see it at all. :Confused:

Reaction score
This puzzles me. Why are some people experiencing issues with wifi and cellular connectivity on the iPhone, yet other people are not? *Scratches head*
:|

Reaction score
I gave the iOS4 a little time up to now so that I can get use to it. So far I'm slightly disappointed, not with iOS itself (love all the new stuff), but with the problem i'm experiencing. The phone feels yerky, and sometimes it's as if the refresh rate is quite bad. When scrolling down in my list of mails (just as 1 example) I can see the the scrolling down effect is everything but smooth.

When I press the home button and the icon animation is seen (where all the icons comes from all sides into there positions) it has a millisec yerk, easily seen when you're use to a smooth iOS...

This makes the phone feel sluggish. Could all this maybe be as a result of a bad app thats on the phone?

The multitasking (or the apps with which it works) is very useful and I'm starting to quite use to it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
So, I HATED iOS4 on the 3G, but I LOVE it on the i4! I'm getting used to the multitasking option, and am starting to know how it works on all apps, even though some apps don't work or are not capable of multitasking. It's good so far!

Reaction score
I love the new features.

I've been waiting to be able to edit playlists for years with the iPod. Everything about the iPod functions are great.

Folders is awesome... I'm down to three "pages" and not even completely full. I've been waiting since the day I got the iPhone to be able to stuff away all of the default iPhone apps.

The homepage background... does nothing for me. I kind of think it actually clutters up the page. But it's nice to know I can change it if I want.

I like the multitasking but really all it seems to do is skip having to go to the home page and then open another app. I'm not sure any of the games I have work with the multitasking. If I open something else and come back to it it come back paused... it's more or less like opening it fresh.

The camera zoom... I got Snapture partly for that capability. It's kind of pointless since the quality of the image is pretty much crap the more zoomed in it gets.

I wish the contacts would have gotten more options. I'd like to just be able to copy and/or merge a contact. I hate when I have to switch to a different group because it's in one and not the other. Unless I've been doing something wrong.

I'm not sure what else I'm missing,

I have noticed one thing though. The keyboard seems way more sensitive. I have an Otterbox Defender case so I already lose the edges and therefore the space around is tight. I normally hit an N or M instead of the space bar. Same around the enter button. Well, it somehow seems a lot more sensitive... almost as if the actual area of sensitivity has been narrowed. I make a lot more "mistakes" than I normally do.

Will there likely be some updates to iOS 4 once it's been out for a while and a lot of the quirks have been identified?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66GHz, 4-GB DDR3, 500-GB HD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
So far so good.. love the iOS4 features so much. Using it from saturday till now without bumper......... no problem at all.......reception is good...much better reception than 3gs

edv

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro iPhone and 2nd gen iPod
iPhone problem after updating software

After I downloaded the new iPhone OS4 I lost the information on my apps like Gas Cubby and my photos are messed up with the key photos have lines through them and the photos some are there and others have blanks. I have sync my iPhone again and change the setting on what to download without any luck.

Reaction score
I think this is a new feature... I was really excited about how maps are now supposed to orient themselves to the direction you're moving. Problem is it somehow runs off the compass. "Normal" mode, where it doesn't orient itself, works like a champ. As soon as I switch it to the other mode I get the "compass interference" BS telling me to shake it in a figure 8.

Why can't the normal map do it on it's own. I have to turn the stupid phone instead.

Reaction score
I see, thanks. One thing I have noticed that I don't like is the fact that every app you open stays open in the multitasking bar. Unless there is a setting to change that that I have not found yet. Some apps I just have no need to keep open and multitask all the time.

Just wanted to let you know that with the combination of RemoveRecents and Backgrounder, both available for free on cydia, you can overcome this issue and make a list of apps that will close immediately upon minimization and in turn not appear in the multitasking bar. I've tried this on both my iPhone 4 and my iphone 3g and it works great! Yet another one of Mr Jobs' ridiculous oversights fixed by the jailbreaking community!

and before anyone barks, yes I got native ios4 multitasking (and wallpapers though they caused too much slowdown so I re-disabled them) working on my 3g. do a google search before you call baloney :)

Reaction score
iOS 4 Update Time

I tried updating to iOS4. After 7 hours the progress bar hadn't moved. Is it worth trying again? it seems such a long time.

Reaction score
if anyone knows the other 14 new voice commands please let me know :)
it will be greatly appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Have used iOS4 on both iphone4 and iphone 3g. I have completely different feelings for both. On my iphone4, it's awesome! But now I know that it is due to the faster hardware deep inside the new iphone because IOS4 was slow as molasses on the 3G! One of my favorite features is the Mail app because of how it bunches up all the mail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I think this is a new feature... I was really excited about how maps are now supposed to orient themselves to the direction you're moving. Problem is it somehow runs off the compass. "Normal" mode, where it doesn't orient itself, works like a champ. As soon as I switch it to the other mode I get the "compass interference" BS telling me to shake it in a figure 8.

Why can't the normal map do it on it's own. I have to turn the stupid phone instead.

I had the interference issue for a bit but it seems to have stopped.

Reaction score
I updated my iPod touch to iOS 4.0.2 a few days after I got it.

I really like iOS 4. I owned an iPhone 4 briefly, so I already got a taste of it, so I was happy to have the same functionality back, but on the iPod.

Multiple Exchange accounts is awesome. I hated being stuck with only one. Multitasking rules for flying around between apps. And I like being able to leave Angry Birds, check on a new Mail or Facebook update, then go right back to where I was in my game without reloading it.

I have had a couple crashes though. Once, the iPod app crashed while trying to play music. A reset fixed it. Another time, Mail crashed. Same white screen, and a reset fixed that too. I'm not sure if it was a fluke, if iOS 4 was to blame or something else. I believe TextFree was running both times, as I use that a lot to instant message with my wife, so maybe that was the culprit.

Love iOS 4 though. After having had the iPhone 4, then getting an iPod with 3.1.3 on it, I felt like it was a little crippled. Very pleased to be multitasking again and having both my email accounts set to Push if needed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.