MacBook Pro connect to HDTV

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 Ghz 15' MBPro, 32G iPhone3GS, 64Gb iPad 3G
Hi,

I recently made the switch to my Mac Book Pro.

I have a question:

Can I connect my Macbook pro to my HDTV using MiniDisplay port to HDMI converter (only for video) and have the audio streamed through my blue tooth headphones? The reason I ask this is cuz someone told me HDMI includes audio as well. I stay in a dorm, and don't wan't to disturb my room-mate while I am playing games.

Will appreciate if someone can help me with this.

Thanks,
Neil

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4gb DDR3 unibody, iPhone 3G 16gb, iPod Touch 16gb
no audio through HDMI

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently made the switch to my Mac Book Pro.

I have a question:

Can I connect my Macbook pro to my HDTV using MiniDisplay port to HDMI converter (only for video) and have the audio streamed through my blue tooth headphones? The reason I ask this is cuz someone told me HDMI includes audio as well. I stay in a dorm, and don't wan't to disturb my room-mate while I am playing games.

Will appreciate if someone can help me with this.

Thanks,
Neil

I used to be in the same boat as you about 5 months ago until I moved into a room for rent. Anyway, with my PC i used to connect with HDMI and the audio would ocme out of my computer. So if you can get your Blue tooth headphones to work with the computer, your totally fine. If worse comes to worse you can plug in a chord headphone into the headphone jac in the MBP.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 Ghz 15' MBPro, 32G iPhone3GS, 64Gb iPad 3G
I used to be in the same boat as you about 5 months ago until I moved into a room for rent. Anyway, with my PC i used to connect with HDMI and the audio would ocme out of my computer. So if you can get your Blue tooth headphones to work with the computer, your totally fine. If worse comes to worse you can plug in a chord headphone into the headphone jac in the MBP.

Thanks for your replies, I got it working with the sound streaming over my blue tooth headphones...thanks guys..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2008 MBP
no audio through HDMI

Half right.... There is no audio coming out of the mini-display port. But HDMI can carry audio. The trick is you have to get a special mini-display port to HDMI adapter that combines audio from either the USB or from the headphone port. The adapter to do it will not be cheap, I think I paid about $40 for mine.

Now for what the OP is doing, not having audio from the mini-display port is probably a good thing because it means his TV will not have any sound.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.