iOS4 has arrived folks....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.
My download took about 6 minutes, installed in 10. Now THAT my friends is impressive.

OP
roeiboot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
My download took about 6 minutes, installed in 10. Now THAT my friends is impressive.

my download is still going, was estimated to take ~30 minutes... lucky you :}

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah....OMG LOVE IT!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
When does the iPad get 4.0? Downloading now for the touch...

Reaction score
Haha.

Any chance you could post a pic like the other day that gives doughnuts like me an idea of what the update does please?

I like how you can chose your own background now, i know that is not realy a big thing on the scale of things but a nice touch all the same.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, my personal experience is that in 44 minutes, I downloaded, installed, and arranged my apps in folders.

And, I swear I'm not lying, the first email I got was to remind me I have a reservation to get my new iPhone on Thursday.

Makes up for a blown shock on a downhill bike that ruined a 5 day weekend.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, I started with games. Simply drag a game directly in top of another one, and the folder will be automatically created, and named "Games". You do have the option of renaming the folders later if you so desire.

After that, simply drag the rest of your games on to the folder and it will be placed in it. Note, there is a limit to how many items can be in a folder, so I named the second games folder "Games2". The limit seems to be 12 items per folder.

Reaction score
I feel out of date with my 2nd gen iPod touch.

-can't have Home Screen wallpaper
-can't have multitasking
-can't have Bluetooth keyboard
-and that may not be all I can't have

I need a new iPod touch!!!

But of everything aside, I think the App Folder is what I'm looking forward to. And maybe iBooks. But I really liked the multitasking and Home Screen wallpaper when it debuted.

Reaction score
OK, I started with games. Simply drag a game directly in top of another one, and the folder will be automatically created, and named "Games". You do have the option of renaming the folders later if you so desire.

After that, simply drag the rest of your games on to the folder and it will be placed in it. Note, there is a limit to how many items can be in a folder, so I named the second games folder "Games2". The limit seems to be 12 items per folder.

Thanks a lot. BTW i am “stealing” your tips and posting them on my Facebook page for mates that are as dumb as me on techy stuff :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Reaction score
When does the iPad get 4.0? Downloading now for the touch...

Fall 2010. You can probably expect it to be released for iPad right around the release of new iPod's this year (if such a thing happens, which it probably will).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
I updated remotely to my iPod touch at home. Can't wait to get home and undock and see the changes. The app change is what appeals to me most at this point.

Reaction score
I updated remotely to my iPod touch at home. Can't wait to get home and undock and see the changes. The app change is what appeals to me most at this point.

It’s great. I have all my apps on one page now

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks a lot. BTW i am “stealing” your tips and posting them on my Facebook page for mates that are as dumb as me on techy stuff :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

No worries, it'll simply cost you two pints! :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.