This wait is killing me....hurry up Fed Ex!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
Stupid Fed Ex ground!

I hate the fact that I don't even have any updates since early Tuesday morning so I can at least see it moving across the country! I should have sprung a few bucks for some faster shipping......I want this freekin PC off my desk!!!!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
See what happen with all this technology. In the old days you just wait, you could not track the package. lol :)

OP
Abdiel
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
rman said:
See what happen with all this technology. In the old days you just wait, you could not track the package. lol :)

yeah, at this rate they might as well have sent it Pony Express instead of Federal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
Abdiel said:
yeah, at this rate they might as well have sent it Pony Express instead of Federal.

Considering that when it started, the Pony Express cost $5.00 per 1/2 ounce (that's in 1860 money, based on calculations comparing GDP I looked up on the internet, that is about $110.00 in today's money), and averaged a speed of 10 miles an hour over it's 2000 mile length, you'd be paying more than your computer is worth (about $20,000) to get it later than you'll get it now. ;)

(Yes, I was bored)

OP
Abdiel
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
iNAP said:
If you do die before it gets there, can I have it ;)

No, it's getting buried with me if that happens...that is if it gets here before I get in the ground.

Reaction score
Yea, mine did that too, it ended up being an overnight shipment (through the weekend) and they didn't even update the system till AFTER they delivered it :p

OP
Abdiel
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
Well it made it as close as Atlanta as of 9pm last night and left there at 2:30 this morning but I don't think it will be delivered until Monday...I doubt they will get it to the truck on time unless the truck that left Atlanta was a Greenville area delivery truck and I'm betting it wasn't.

One more weekend of being a PC user.

S

SErgini0

dan828 said:
Considering that when it started, the Pony Express cost $5.00 per 1/2 ounce (that's in 1860 money, based on calculations comparing GDP I looked up on the internet, that is about $110.00 in today's money), and averaged a speed of 10 miles an hour over it's 2000 mile length, you'd be paying more than your computer is worth (about $20,000) to get it later than you'll get it now. ;)

(Yes, I was bored)

Gosh thank you for this enlightening research! WOW!
You were not just bored! but actually had energy to do something, unlike most lazy buggers on forums :p

he he he. yeah the wait is usually agonizing!

OP
Abdiel
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
Hey! It just updated! It is on a truck for delivery! I'm getting it today. Woo-Hoo!!!!!!!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Let us hope that you get a morning delivery.

OP
Abdiel
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
It's here! Can't talk now...I got switchin' to do!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Congrats on your new system. Enjoy. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.