Invisible Cursor

Lex

Reaction score
So for a month now I have a from time to time invisible cursor. It usually happens when I am in safari. I don't really know what specifically triggers it... but I can 'reactivate' it by opening a new tab or using exposé and then going back to safari.

I hoped that safari 5 would fix this or the 10.6.4 update but they haven't. If anyone knows the reason for this or where I can find a topic about the same problem... i'd be happy.

grts:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
It may be the Flash plugin, Apple - Support - Discussions - Cursor keeps disappearing while using Safari 5

First try disabling the Plug-ins, Safari preferences, Security, uncheck "Enable Plug-ins". Restart Safari and check if the cursor still disappears.
If that fixes it then do this, but first reenable the Plugins in the Safari prefs.

Go to Macintosh HD/Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/Flash\ Player.plugin and move it to the "Disabled Plug-ings" folder. Restart safari and check if the cursor still disappears.
If it is make sure that you are using the most current version of Flash.
Adobe - Adobe Flash Player

OP
L

Lex

Reaction score
Thank you. This fixed it. No problems in the last few days. Also explains why my browser kept saying: flash plugin crashed.

tnx

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.