Problem with Mac OS X install disc

Reaction score
I have a MacBook and have replaced the 74GB harddrive with a 500 GB Sea Momentus. Now when I try to reinstall OS X the disc stops at Select a destination. There are no choices and I can't click on "Options" or "Continue" only "Go back". Is there a problem with the install disc or is it with the new harddrive? Hope somebody can help me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
just wondering... is that harddisk formatted (i believe usually they are)

ps. welcome to the forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
And are you satisfied the new drive is seated and connected properly? If it's already formatted - HFS or NTFS - Disk Utility (from the install Disk) should 'see' it, so try DU first before attempting another OS installation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Pop in the install disc and boot holding down 'C'. Go to menu bar > Utilities > Disk Utility and see if the drive is listed there. Go to Partition, select Options, set up as GUID, partition into the number of required partitions and format.

Now go back to installer and see if you can proceed.

Of course you are using either the original discs that came with the machine when new or a black coloured full retail install DVD?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.