macbook pro running slow after sleep mode?

Reaction score
so, i put down the lid of my macbook pro, and it goes to sleep...
after i while, i open the lid up, and then my macbook pro starts running slow...

i can tell that by doing the four finger down swipe
(the same as pressing f3)

the zooming in and out was very smooth before i put my mbp into sleep...
after waking it up, it slows down, the motion of zooming in and out looks choppy...

is anyone else experiencing this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
What if you open the lid wait for a minute or so and then test the speed with f3 - still slow?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4
There are a lot of things that could be causing that. How many applications do you have open? What were you doing when you closed the computer? Was anything actively running?

OP
W
Reaction score
There are a lot of things that could be causing that. How many applications do you have open? What were you doing when you closed the computer? Was anything actively running?
Usually, the only application I left opened is firefox (with 5-6 tabs opened)But if this is the reason why my macbook pro is running slow, does that mean i should close all the apps before closing the lid...?

it just sounds very inconvenient that I have to open all apps again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
How about doing a test with safari instead of firefox - see if the same problems happens there

OP
W
Reaction score
ok, I have tried with safari, but still..... slow again....

I am suspecting this..
I connect my mbp to another external monitor while i use it at home

so when i go to school, i unplug the monitor to mbp connector...
is this the reason that causing the slow down?
becuase a sudden change from high resolution to a lower one?

i know it sounds a silly arguement...but i have re-installed the os many times just because of this problem :(

Reaction score
Very Exactly Same Problem

I have exactly the same problem with my mbp .. After he wakes up it gets very slow graphics. I do not know what to do to solve this .. I have to restart it every time you use. It is very unpleasant.

I have a MPB 13", i7 2,7Ghz, 8GB RAM, Video: Intel HD 3000, Running Lion 10.7

Apple, PLEASE, solve this problem.. Probably a problem with the video driver. :[

Reaction score
I have exactly the same problem with my mbp .. After he wakes up it gets very slow graphics. I do not know what to do to solve this .. I have to restart it every time you use. It is very unpleasant.

I have a MPB 13", i7 2,7Ghz, 8GB RAM, Video: Intel HD 3000, Running Lion 10.7

Apple, PLEASE, solve this problem.. Probably a problem with the video driver. :[

I have the exact same problem, please help.
It doesnt matter if I used any applications or not, close the lid, walk to different classroom, eat lunch or whatever. Open lid, and its very slow. Especcially the scrolling capability in safari (2 finger movement) its really laggy, even on pages like google.

Please help!

(I have a MPB 13" 2.7GHz, 4GB RAM, Video: Intel HD 3000, Running Lion 10.7.1)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.