Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this as I am a first time poster, so please bear with me if I am incorrect.

My problem is that I cannot for the love of me find the "Generic Button" option in the Logitech Control Center. I don't think that this option even exists on a Mac for some reason :/.

I wish to use my 4th and 5th buttons in a computer game. To do this, I apparently must bind them in the Logitech Control Center as "Generic Button(s)", and I cannot find this function. If I bind them as nothing, then they do absolutely nothing and I cannot even bind them in game.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong / if there is a fix to my problem / another way to approach this? If so, please help. I am incredibly frustrated at the moment :(.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Welcome to the Forum. Have you tried downloading the latest software from Logitech for that mouse and your model of Mac OS?

OP
N
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum. Have you tried downloading the latest software from Logitech for that mouse and your model of Mac OS?

Thank you, and yes I have. I clicked Software Update after being unable to do anything, and all my Mac stuff was up to date. As for the Logitech Software, I downloaded it earlier today from the Logitech site when I bought my mouse, so I don't see how it could be out of date either.

Reaction score
Did you look in the Logitech Control Center ? It should be listed in system preferences under other.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Logitech Control Center as "Generic Button(s)", and I cannot find this function.

Any chance that setting is not under "Global settings"

OP
N
Reaction score
Any chance that setting is not under "Global settings"

Global settings only means that what I change there is applied to anything I do with my mouse. For example, I could change it to Safari and have the functions I want only for Safari. There are no more options if I change it though. :(

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I haven't had to use this program in a while but you might give ©1999-2009 Alessandro Levi Montalcini USB Overdrive a try. The last time I used it the program worked well for that kind of stuff.

OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks for the help and concern everyone. I have resolved the problem. I'm buying a Razer DeathAdder. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.