rich text/HTML not displaying in Mail

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Mail has recently stopped displaying rich text or html content recently in my 2 POP accounts. Incoming messages display properly in Entourage but not in Mail. I can send rich text messages but when I view them in the Sent folder the formatting is all gone. Recipients get them fine.

I tested Mail with 2 backups, one done just before the 10.6.4 update about a week ago. Rich text was gone then. However rich text was displaying with the backup done 2 weeks earlier. I don't know what caused the problem and I am not sure when it started.

I am really scratching my head on this. Preferences seem fine. I rebuilt mailboxes, created a new account to no avail. Am I missing something here? Any help would be appreciated.

MacBook 2.2 GHz
4 GB RAM
Mail 4.3 (1081)

OP
L
Reaction score
Oh boy this problem took me a long way unnecessarily. After reloading the 10.6.4 update, reinstalling 10.6 and the 10.6.4 update again, playing with every file of the User/Library/Mail folder I could still not get the thing to work. I finally discovered the culprit: the Mail preference file (com.apple.mail.plist) in the User/Library/Preferences folder was corrupted. Why did I not think of that little guy before and save hours of headaches?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.