my emails go to spam

Reaction score
Help please. A few recipients are telling me my emails are going to their spam file. What do I need to change to stop this? Many thanks, Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Its not what you need to do ...Its what they need to do . Have them adjust their email clients to show your emails as not spam.

Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Its not what you need to do ...Its what they need to do . Have them adjust their email clients to show your emails as not spam.

Clay

Well that's not exactly true. Yes the recipients could adjust something, but it could also be because of the content that's being sent.

To really give you a better idea, i would need to know exactly what you're sending that's being flagged as spam?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Just surfboarding this topic, I have email correspondents whose spam filters are so neurotic/paranoid, that no attachments whatsoever are accepted. Never mind that the Word doc is from a squeaky-clean MacOS, or the .jpg pics processed via a Mac, no way will the a-v program allow them through. The workaround has been using .pdf.

Another thing I've found to cause incompatibility and triggering of spam filters on WinOS machines is the email application. I can't fathom why a plain text email from Eudora is classed as spam by OLExp, or as containing a 'virus' by AVG, for example.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.