How can I divide songs up into individual parts in GB?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Hi everyone! How is everyone doing?! I miss the community, I've been extremely busy lately and have gotten very little chance to do much on here.

But I have gotten into remixing lately and remixed Reckoner by Radiohead 3 times, but I could only do this because I had the "stems" for the song (the individual parts of the song such as bass, guitar, drums, vocal). How can I separate other songs like this? Remixing is really fun, I enjoy it, but buying the stems for the songs is hard since very very few songs have stems available for purchase.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 MB, 2.1GHz 4GB RAM, 10.5.8
You can't split up the parts of the song. It's like trying to take the eggs out of a cake. Not gonna happen.

Just to let you know though, the stems were not available legally, and that remixing anything without the permission of the original writer, publisher and record label is also illegal.

C

chas_m

Nine Inch Nails have made a number of their "stems" legally available for remixing IIRC.

But Stef is right -- besides being illegal, you really can't separate a song unless the powers that be offer the "stems" themselves. There are a few legal ones out there beyond the NIN songs, but they are few and far between.

OP
BlueMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
You can't split up the parts of the song. It's like trying to take the eggs out of a cake. Not gonna happen.

Just to let you know though, the stems were not available legally, and that remixing anything without the permission of the original writer, publisher and record label is also illegal.

The Radiohead stems were most definitely legal. I purchased them from the iTunes store. they were available for a remix contest held by Radiohead. Radiohead/ Remix/ Reckoner

Thanks for letting me know

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.