safari 5

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
................................ OLD: MBP 13" Mid 09 .......... NEW: MBP 13" Mid 12 ..........
i can not watch vid for some reason on safari on youtube the video comes up with a black box.
i did the same thing on another website

what the **** is wrong

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
Would you care to share the URL for the video you cannot watch? What OS? Does Safari work for everything else? Do you have any extensions installed?

Reaction score
i can not watch vid for some reason on safari on youtube the video comes up with a black box.

YouTube runs on Flash. YouTube also has an HTML5 program. Double check to make sure you're updated on Flash (this may or may not be the problem), and make sure no extensions in Safari are interfering with either Flash or HTML 5 (if you signed up for it).

i did the same thing on another website

Another website would be what?

Safari 5 is only for Leopard and Snow Leopard. Safari 4.1 is for Tiger, which includes some of the features from the 5th version of Safari.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.