new to mac advice needed !!!!!

Reaction score
hello everyone i am a new user, i have recently bought a new macbook pro is there features on my notebook that i can get some sort of office excel program? the better question probably is how do or where can i download new programs?

thanks

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Microsoft sells Office for the Mac, so you can buy that..Apple also has the iWork series of products that are like MS Office..and then there's the free alternate porting: OpenOffice.org for Mac OS X that will get you the word processor, spreadsheet programs and more..

As far as general Mac programs go..there are numerous places to download them, what exactly are you looking for?

Regards

Reaction score
hello everyone i am a new user, i have recently bought a new macbook pro is there features on my notebook that i can get some sort of office excel program? the better question probably is how do or where can i download new programs?

thanks

I recently got a new MBP, and was in the same boat. I needed Microsoft Office without actually having to shell out the money for it. So I tried out Open Office, and I love it.

You can download it right from here...
OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite

OP
C
Reaction score
that one sounds good i am making my own online shop so i kind of will want it for keeping tabs o my stock cost price retail price etc. just a bit scared with the new setup on the macbook and not knowing where to start looking for programs. for different programs do you just find them is there any useful sites i should know that review and can download free programs

thanks for the help guys

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.