Recover Deleted Files

Reaction score
Greetings,

I recently managed to delete a few movie files ending .mov, and I wondered if there are any handy programs to use to recover those? Only found programs which scans the whole harddrive, but that takes about 17 hours.

I know the exact names of the file, which was deleted by an accident.
What´s the best way to recover these, after they left the trash bin?

Not sure if this is the right section to post this, but I´ll give it a shot.

Yours,
Marius

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
When you delete a file, what you delete are the pointers which tell any software where the files are located. There is no longer any way to know where on the drive they were. You'll have to scan the entire drive,

edit: or at least all the free space if the drive hasn't been used since deleting these files.

OP
E
Reaction score
When you delete a file, what you delete are the pointers which tell any software where the files are located. There is no longer any way to know where on the drive they were. You'll have to scan the entire drive.

Thank you for your answer. I just know that a deleted file is recoverable until it´s replaced by a new file. Therefore I try to not use the computer, until I find some software to run.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.