Decisions, decisions .... MB or MBP ??? Is the question...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Yes yes i know it has been covered over and over but for me this is a exciting time.
Tax time is here soon, and even though i have tho dough now im going to in essence use my tax $ to buy a PC for free.
I have never been one for the "LATEST and GREATEST" but im at a time in my life, where im happy and in a job where im going places and the 90K suits me to a tee.

Im off loading my 2008 White MB to my parents for the pricely sum of $750 AUD and there popping through here the last week of August.

Now my dilemma is what am i going to upgrade to ??
I have to admit i DO love my White MB, but going into the stores the Aluminium Unibody does look sexy. On paper the new White MB's do have the better spec's to the MBP 13". Im going to get a 13" again as i love the portability and the size of the whole package.
So all in all i have about 8 weeks to decide on which to get.
My tail is nearly all the way over the fence for the MBP13", then again if someone can guide me towards to low end 15" then that would be another matter entirely lol
Anyways just needed to post this and to get it off my chest :)

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
Man, they are both beautiful machines. I own a MBP for about 6 months now. But every time I go to where they have the white MB on display. I want to buy that too. Good price and specs. The all white looks good too. But in the end the MBP cost more and less in specs. The one piece aluminum is just too sexy to ignore. Get the MBP. No question. I like the size and portability of the 13" MBP also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
On paper the new White MB's do have the better spec's to the MBP 13".
Do you guys get different versions over there compared to here in the USA? According to Apple USA's website there isn't much difference in specs between the new 13" white book and MBP. The MBP has 4 GB RAM instead of the 2 GB on the white book, has one FireWire 800 port along with one SD card slot, and of course the difference in design.

I personally would miss the Firewire port and 800 is a lot faster than Firewire 400. What specs are you getting over there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Do you guys get different versions over there compared to here in the USA? According to Apple USA's website there isn't much difference in specs between the new 13" white book and MBP. The MBP has 4 GB RAM instead of the 2 GB on the white book, has one FireWire 800 port along with one SD card slot, and of course the difference in design.

I personally would miss the Firewire port and 800 is a lot faster than Firewire 400. What specs are you getting over there?

That's another flaw with the new MacBooks, the lack of firewire, where as the old one's had it.
The 13" MBP has firewire 800 though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The 13" MBP has firewire 800 though.
You can get an adapter for Firewire 400. That's what I use for my Firewire 400 devices. Although once you experience the speeds of Firewire 800 you don't want to go back. ;)

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3

Yup sorry there Endless ....was meant to be the other way around .....

Now i know why teachers always said "proof read" lol

Hey my tatted friend, just to put a spanner in the works, and as much as I love the portability of the 13", I just got the low end 15", and it's a rip roarer.
See http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/205069-macbook-pro-15-i5-review-me.html

Adding to the above thread, the separate audio in/out ports are really important to me.

Hope all's well mate :)

Mate all is good ....
AND DONT DO THIS TOO ME lol
I had my eyes and $ on the 13" haha But now will be reconsidering due to the thread you linked me too.
Are they really that good ?? I know the i5 will be welcome power even though i i only do i little editing in either video or audio.
Im going to have to go in and have a look at THEM now more closely, and then into JB and see if i can get one of them to drop the price for me lol
Im a sucker for bartering and considering the *Authorised Reseller* is just across the hall i think they will knock off a couple for me ...

Anyways RIP to your old MB :)

Hope things are looking up for you Kane ole mate ;)

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yup sorry there Endless ....was meant to be the other way around .....
That makes sense now. :)

AND DONT DO THIS TOO ME lol
I had my eyes and $ on the 13" haha But now will be reconsidering due to the thread you linked me too.
I've heard Ferraris are nice too...maybe you should get one. I can also give you a link if that's all it takes to convince you. ;)

Portability and price are the key benefits of the 13" over the 15" so if you feel you do need the power of the 15" then it might be an option for you. I find the 15" portable enough for me but maybe it won't be for someone who is used to the 13". I also needed the faster processor of the 15" so I had to get it no matter what.

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've heard Ferraris are nice too...maybe you should get one. I can also give you a link if that's all it takes to convince you. ;)

Linky please lol

I was saying that in jest, but im comfortable with the 13" and it would have to be some remarkable salesman to sway me otherwise ....

I really like the 13" size and im in no real need for the i5 processor atm, or until one morning i wake up and suddenly someone has me booked at Madison Square Garden to do a gig lol

Hmmm i have always wanted to DJ ...... *thinks hard*

Dont forget that Linky Endless haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welll i did say in OP that im in for the latest and greatest .... lol

Hope this wets the appetite as im looking at clicking that "Order" button lol

20100620-kgndrapm56h65is1ai84mnau2e.jpg

Sorry no side pods for floatation at this point in time ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
LOL. You did say latest and greatest. That's a nice picture. Click order button now...click order button now...;)

I was specifically told by Ferrari that the TattooedMac version would have floatation devices. Truly disappointing. I was also told by Ferrari that their cars make perfect carrying cases for MacBook Pros! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP2.26/4GbRAM
MBP=
Mercedez_Benz_E240_2003yr_Rhd_Second_Hand_car.jpg

Macbook White =
volkswagen_beetle-7503.jpg

Mac Mini =
2009-bmw-mini-electric1.jpg

Hackintosh=
van_pimped_1.jpg
2577904672_18bb946b9e.jpg

Reaction score
I must say, those MBs are extremely alluring. There's something about that sleek, clean white that really attracts me. However, when I was given the choice between the MB and MBP, I chose the MBP. I was able to use my mother's MB and it was excellent. However, the additional RAM the MBP has, the better display, SD slot, sexy aluminum unibody and backlit keyboard really swayed me to get the MBP.

Oh, and mine's a 13," by the way. Mine will be traveling quite often, so I wanted something more portable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.