Connecting a Time Capsule to an Existing Network

Reaction score
I recently moved into a new apartment and have found an unsecured wireless network. Is there anyway I can connect my time capsule to this via wi-fi to magnify the signal? When I go to my airport utilities it scans and does not find my time capsule, even though it is plugged into the wall.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I recently moved into a new apartment and have found an unsecured wireless network. Is there anyway I can connect my time capsule to this via wi-fi to magnify the signal? When I go to my airport utilities it scans and does not find my time capsule, even though it is plugged into the wall.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I would suggest getting your own internet service instead of trying to use the service of some unsuspecting neighbor that doesn't know any better than not to encrypt their network.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.