Macbook pro will randomly now not connect to the internet

Reaction score
hi all...

Im having some problems with my macbook pro... its the unibody one.
basically a couple of weeks ago my internet connection stopped working, although when i run network diagnostics all is fine, i have reset the system preferences folder to reset the network settings and i am still having no luck. Does any one else have any ideas?

cheers

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How about some specifics? Do you use wireless? Ethernet? Using a router? Modem? Can you connect at all or is it intermittent?

Regards.

OP
M
Reaction score
im connecting through a router and its with both connections i.e. wireless and ethernet. I cant really say much other than that, cant figure this one out

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem.

I'm connecting through a router and I use Safari. When I change webpages, Safari will tell me I'm not connected to the internet. Half the time, I WILL be connected to the internet (IM program will still work) but the other half the time my IM program will disconnect too. I'm new to Mac and I'm average with computers, but I googled around and other people have this problem too. Any ideas? Anybody?

(Btw, I have a 2010 15inch MacBook Pro)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.