iPhone headphone recommendation

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
What would you recommend as the best replacement headphones for the iPhone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iphone 3GS 16GB Ipad 16GB
Bose in-ear if you go the funds to spend!!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I've been paying $5.95 or $9.95 each depending on where I get them for some cheapie JVC earbuds. They work great for audiobooks. Usually buy a couple at a time. I either end up sitting on them or my wife has thrown them in the washer.

Have a pair of Bose earbuds for when I want to listen to music. They're not bad - not as good as either of my A/V systems.

Have found all of the "in ear" type to be totally uncomfortable for my tastes.
Plus with earbuds, I can lay the side of my head down on a pillow while wearing them. Try that with an in ear style.

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I agree about the earbuds vs in-ear, they're just not as comfortable. I have the Apple in-ear which are about the most comfortable I've ever tried, but even those I can only take for so long.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Also the Bose are very comfy to me but, I also understand that everyone is different. I know with the Bose I can wear them for hours even at the gym. In-ear are the only ones I can use. I guess I have very small ear holes...lol and I always use the smallest tips only.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4
If you used the mic on the apple headphones, there is a mobile bose in ear which has the mic...

Reaction score
Also the Bose are very comfy to me but, I also understand that everyone is different. I know with the Bose I can wear them for hours even at the gym. In-ear are the only ones I can use. I guess I have very small ear holes...lol and I always use the smallest tips only.

That's my problem too. Earbuds never stay in. I find $30-$40 Sony in-ears are perfect for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Monstercable's Beats By Dre earplugs are the best!!! They are actually good enough to DJ with. ;D

monster-beats-dr-dre-tour-in-ear-headphones.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Agree with JUKE ^^^^
But im into Skull Candy ATM, but there site is down ATM. There upgrading to make it a more enjoyable shopping experience lol

20100620-m43kgxny6fnb1q99j2d4akg93b.jpg

Reaction score
Monstercable's Beats By Dre earplugs are the best!!! They are actually good enough to DJ with. ;D

monster-beats-dr-dre-tour-in-ear-headphones.jpg

You can DJ in a club with a loud system with them on?

Wow, i couldn’t manage that mate. I guess you like to headphone mix and don’t have a loud monitor next to you in the booth? I must have a monitor blasting away as close to my head as possible to get my beat matching spot on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
From my experience, Klipsch has the BEST sound out of them ALL! Bose or Beats by Dr.StupidDre don't even come close!
If money isn't an issue, and you are a true audiophile, go with the Klipsch x10i, you will love them!! They are the most comfortable in-ear headphones I have ever used! They are so light, you forget that they are in your ear.

Pros: -Has unbelievably good frequency that also keeps up to the widest range of speaking and bass you can find.
-100% noise cancellation. I also use them when I need to study...works real well.
-Noise reproduction is ultra smooth and balanced.
-Awesome bass at all levels, as well as voice/speaking.
Cons:A little expensive, but you definitely get what you pay for.
Klipsch Image X10i In-Ear Headset for iPhone and iPod - Apple Store (U.S.)

If you are looking for average prices, you can't go wrong with this, Klipsch Image S4i Earphones with Microphone - Apple Store (U.S.)
That's what I had before upgrading. It was actually hard giving it away to my sister because I liked it so much! Good thing it was for a good cause:)

I've had bose before, and I believe all you are buying into is the name! Vmoda/Senhheiser have products that are better, while still being cheaper! The only cool thing about bose is that everyone kind of knows the Bose name, so they automatically think it's cool! You need a real audiophile to know Klipsch, B&O, and B&W, to which comparing them to a bose unit is like comparing a Mercedes S65 to a kia rio!

Here's a tip, one that you might have already known: Don't take advice from a newbie in-ear headphone user. To them, a 2 dollar i-e set from ebay sounds good when you surround the small speaker with a soft rubber to channel the sound into your ear! It takes many purchases to know what is good/bad. So when you read reviews on apple's site, or another site, discard reviews from people saying something like this, "WOW! This was my first i-e set and it sounds AMAZING!!"

I'm warning you though, once you go Klipsch, you won't ever go back! :)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Would agree with everthing stated by idrinor. The problem for me, I can't stand in ear style headphones. Because those companies listed are into high fidelity only, they just do not make earbud style headphones.

I'd never suggest Bose anything for a home entertainment set up unless you just don't like getting lots better for the same money from multiple manufacturers.. However, due to no one else making earbuds, the Bose set have been the best I've listened to. At $100, they still will not compare to even some $60-70 in ear sets I've tried.

The Bose that I use for music do not have an inline switch , mic, etc. if you're looking for actual use with phone calls.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Here is my choice. I can't wear earbuds at work because they fall out so easy when working over your head.

Iam no audiophile so I can't tell anyone all about the sound quality but I can tell you that they stay pit around your neck when your not using them and George Jones and Merle Haggard sound great in them.

ZAGG | ZAGGbuds | iPhone Earbuds, In-ear Headphones, Earphones

Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
You got to be an audiophile to appreciate fine, crisp music...the way it sounded when it was produced at the studio!
Also, the Iphone4 cost MORE than 350!

Reaction score
i have me some Beats by Dre (RED) Solos, so much better than my tours that i used to have.
beats_solored.jpg

they do cost a pretty penny. i wont lie.
but the lifetime warranty thats on these things is what makes me happy.. lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What did you end up getting?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
You can DJ in a club with a loud system with them on?

Wow, i couldn’t manage that mate. I guess you like to headphone mix and don’t have a loud monitor next to you in the booth? I must have a monitor blasting away as close to my head as possible to get my beat matching spot on.

I used them to DJ at a venue for 200+ people and they actually worked great. At first I was put off by them since they where endorsed by Dre but I had listen and was impressed by them.
I'm from the old school of DJing. I still use my trusty Technics RPDJ 1200 headphones along with a monitor. ;D

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.