How Do I Remove An Update?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 Mac Book Pro 2.2 Ghz 4 GB RAM SSD OSX 10.11 & 2006 MBP Stuck At 10.6.8
Hi Everyone!
I installed the update for Safari to bring it to version 4.1 on my Macbook Pro running OSX 10.4.11 Immediately after installing the update, all kinds of goofy stuff is happening. Most notably, "Server Not Found" errors. (I've got a post about that one here.)

I absolutely can't find an answer on how to solve this (& some other) problems that started after the Safari update. So, is there a way to remove an update & go back to the old (reliable) version?

Thank you all very much,
Paul

Reaction score
I have the same Problem. I have been researching the last 3 days on a fix, and so far nothing works, for me. I see there are alot with the problem. Worse than a beta. All I could find is go back to what I had before the Update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Bird and Rick - now is a good time to get your Back up scene sorted then when u have these issues, it is dead easy to revert to latest back up.

OP
PGB1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks All for the help ideas.
I'll try to ditch Safari & Re-Install- But a previous version.
I wonder if my bookmarks will vanish when I ditch Safari?
I do have a clone of my hard drive. Can I yank Safari.app from it?
thanks Again,
Paul

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Before you do that Bird - try downloading and installing this - it may sort things for you.

OP
PGB1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks For The Tip Colin!
I downloaded the dmg just now. But, before I install it-
I'm already running 10.4.11 Will installing it goof things up, or simply put me back to the Safari that worked?
Will I lose my bookmarks? (Assuming I would lose the bookmarks- Sadly, my latest back up includes the new Safari) So if I use the file to return my bookmarks, would I also be restoring the Evil Safari along with them?
Thanks Again,
Paul
Thanks,
Paul

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.