• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Capturing HD from HDR-HC1E using Adobe Premier Pro CS4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not yet bought one.
G'day guys,

I am not having much luck capturing HD from my HDR-HC1E using Adobe Premier Pro CS4 (huge understatement). So I contacted Adobe for some Tech 'Support'... and ended up talking to people who not only could I not understand their version of 'English', but they were almost as incapable of understanding me; hey we've all been there!

After several attempts I finally after a month received this 3 rd answer:-

"Thank you for contacting Adobe Technical Support. In reference with the issue of Premiere Pro.

We did some research and found out that the issue that you face with capture is a known issue and is common on a mac computer.

If you have a windows computer then please try to capture on windows and use a third party softwae (their spelling not mine) that is HDV Split."

Now I'll point out a couple of things, firstly I bought a Adobe Master-suite CS4 for my Mac OS X... so I somehow doubt it will run on a PC even if I had one. Not only that, did Adobe not test the Mac version with the Sony HD cameras that were available at that time?

I bought my MacBook Pro (Unibody 2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 8 gigs RAM and a 320 gig 7,200 drive) believing that Adobe and Mac had a long relationship and worked well with each other; I'd after 12 years of PC thought Mac would do it better.

The Sony HDR-HC1E camera I own predated the Adobe Master-suite CS4 I bought... so I reasonably figured there would be no problems there.

So who's fault is it, Sony, Apple or Adobe; I believe it's Adobe's, and more importantly, can anybody out there please help... is there a driver or something that will fix this problem?

Regards

Beam
... from the beam me up Scotty, no signs of intelligence (there)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
I don't use CS4 myself, but have you tried using iMovie to see if it would capture the footage from your camera?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.