any mac users that use Gmail ?

I

iluvthsgam

anybody out there on a mac that uses Gmail ? I love gmail because it gives me the ability to have all my mail exactly how i want it, at any browser on any computer. however, i do miss outlook express and how that was set up. now that i just switched to osx away from the office, has anyone configured gmail with a mail client? how did u like it ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac no more - Sony Vaio FZ4000
iluvthsgam said:
anybody out there on a mac that uses Gmail ? I love gmail because it gives me the ability to have all my mail exactly how i want it, at any browser on any computer. however, i do miss outlook express and how that was set up. now that i just switched to osx away from the office, has anyone configured gmail with a mail client? how did u like it ?

Yeah, gmail works fine with Mail. I don't use mine that much though but it's always good to have.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I don't use GMail, got an ivite a while back but decided not to take it, sticking with verizon.

OP
K

Kokopelli

I use gmail (among others) with Mail. It is email, but not the holy grail. I feel the inbox could be improved a great deal but it works. With a combination of rules and smart mailboxes I have everything arranged for my convenience, but it took a bit of tweaking.

OP
E

Ey3 D

Gmail is awesome, even though I have 2 other email addresses (keep telling people to use the gmail one!). But the weird thing is that I don't remember how I got it. My friend got it from his friend, but his computer was busted and he couldn't send me the invite. I think I like got a job for Google (somehow) and then just like gmail...Mystery...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
I use it with mail and it has worked really well for me as a secondary account.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have used Gmail with Mail for over a year now. Works great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I have one too... I basically use it as my online Spam receiving account so I can keep my personal address off the internet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 2.8GHz Dualcore 24'' / 2GB SDRAM / Snow Leopard 10.6.1 / external HD LaCie 500Gb
I have one Gmail, one yahoo, two hotmail addresses and I can look at them all on Entourage.

OP
R

Ryanstech

Gmail is my favorite webmail, and I've had quite a few. I don't need the 2GB of storage but the "conversation-style" inbox is perfect. Labels are handy too.

Reaction score
I check my Gmail with Mail throught POP3 access, it is pretty nice but when you read them in Mail it doesn't mark them as read, so if you get on Gmail with a web-browser it'll say you have a ton of unread mail.

OP
F

fco1922

gMail

The aspect of gMail you mention are nice. What I do not like is that they "mine" your emails and then send you targeted advertisements. They also back up all your emails to their servers and there is no clear policy on when they delete them, and no device for you to ask for them to be deleted. If you live in the European Union, this violates EU law and EU privacy legislation and so gMail is not very popular over here and is the subject of several EC inquiries...

iluvthsgam said:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.