I want to Switch but have so many questions!

Reaction score
I currently have a Pc i built myself for gaming, (5 years ago lol) and im sick of the blue screens of death firewall this spyware that malware this virus that... So apple is what i have turned to for help but here is my demands tell me what product is right for me!

It needs to be fast loading browser needs to be safari so thats not an issue but i need it to be able to handle multiple aplications like Photoshop Dreamweaver 3d Generators Itunes music playing as well as many browser windows without slowing down at all. (also not hard to do) But here is where it gets tricky, I also need a computer that can handle my ever changing demands of gaming, Like Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Ventrillo open with World of Warcraft running as if it was as old as it really is not laggy good framerate and great load times.

Hard drive space is not really an issue with all the Western Digital Externals out there im currently using 75gb i can handle a 360-500gb no problem even less if nessisary

I DO NOT WANT A MAC BOOK though im getting one of those for seprate work not my gaming and multimedia needs

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2015 15" rMBP, 2.8GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB Storage, AMD Radeon R9 M370X, 10.11.1
I’d just go with the 21.5" 3.06 GHz iMac.

OP
E
Reaction score
Keep in mind i also want to be able to hook it up to a Hdtv Lcd 42+ Inch depending on what i get and i dont want to have to buy another one in a year when Cataclysm Diablo 3 Cod Black ops Etc come out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2015 15" rMBP, 2.8GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB Storage, AMD Radeon R9 M370X, 10.11.1
You can hook it up to an external monitor.

And if you’re really that worried about it outdating (which I really wouldn’t be, since mines a 2007 model with a 2.4 GHz processor and runs all CoDs fine) then just go with the 3.33 GHz.

OP
E
Reaction score
You can hook it up to an external monitor.

And if you’re really that worried about it outdating (which I really wouldn’t be, since mines a 2007 model with a 2.4 GHz processor and runs all CoDs fine) then just go with the 3.33 GHz.

I dont know why im worried i guess its the 18 years of Dos and windows getting to me even though i hate it with a passion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
I’d just go with the 21.5" 3.06 GHz iMac.
Or the 27inch i5 (or even i7 for 200.00 more)
The i5/i7 version of the iMac also has a better graphic card.

It's 2K +

I have the C2D version and I can play games fine on steam... Lately it's been Team Fortress 2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I agree, usually slow FPS is caused by old Graphics cards, and since Macs have some of the best cards, I wouldn’t need to worry about it. 3.06 GHz is a HUGE processor, way bigger than you would need for what you’re describing.

OP
E
Reaction score
Im wondering if the Apple store is more linent on there financing than the site, The Site denied me but if i put a DECENT down payment on one you think i can get it, Only reason i say is if thats the case ill just get a mac Pro 8core and be done with it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Woah, Mac Pros will be EXTREMELY over powered for what you’re looking for, but it’s your choice. If anyone else would like to put in their input, I would appreciate it.

OP
E
Reaction score
picked Actuates

Probobly but you know i would never need to upgrade it hahaha well im just new to mac and when i built this PC back in 03 i put the best of the best at the time Amd FX 55 Processor Raedon X800 1gb Ram but now its just a pain to decide with so much new tecnology and ever changing demands im not sure but here is my overall plan for distant future in a few months

Drop Verizon - save $100 a month without my Droid

Pick up Iphone 4g 16g Possibly with Tethering

Buy a Nice 15in Mbpro for my needs on the go (I do Logging so its not like ill need it in the woods but you never know plus nice to have for designing new 3d Models and tshirts lol)

And for my Gaming / Home Theater IM getting a 42 Inch Plus LCD Flat Screen With 7:1 Audio SO im going to need a good machine to have fun with here feel me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yea I do, I understand, and you’re making it sound like you can afford it too. Go ahead and do whatever floats your boat ;)

OP
E
Reaction score
Im probobly going to wait till I move into the house i just closed on the 28th make sure everything is legit then have one over nighted make sure i have the money that is ;) Cable internet with power boost is a must ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
The Mac Pro line is likely to be updated soon. If you really want one of those, I'd wait a while.
Honestly, you would be just fine with a 27" iMac quad core i5 or i7. For what you'd pay for a Mac Pro, you could get a new iMac now and another one the next time they update the iMacs. But it's your money, so it's up to you. :Smirk:

Reaction score
Whatever you buy, in 2 years you will wish you waited 2 years. So just get what fits your needs/budget, and be done with it.

OP
E
Reaction score
Well in two years i highly doubt i will care lol by then ill have Mac everything and all the updates for them its the initial Switch that is hard to decide becuase i have not looked into games to come and what i will need for a processor / graphics set up but i was thinking to myself today my 7 year old Pc played all the games with a lot of system to spare untill Crysis and CodMWF2 came out lol so im sure these systems will far exceed my expectations its just hard to decide to drop that kind of money on something im not familiar with

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook, non-Pro, Snow Leopard
You could try dual-booting Linux for a while, it's a lot closer to Mac than Windows is, especially if you use AWN to make a "dock" (albeit one that isn't nearly as powerful as the real thing). It also won't be as good for gaming as a Mac, since you'll need to use WINE to run the Windows versions instead of running games ported to run on Mac natively.

I gave Microsoft the boot about two years back and have been running Linux exclusively from then up until I got my Mac, and what drew me to Mac is how similar it is to Linux. The learning curve has been pretty easy on me so far; the hardest bit has been finding Mac equivalents to my favorite Linux programs, but if I ever hit a brick wall, I can just use MacPorts to install what I'm already familiar with. You can't do that jumping straight from Windows to Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G4 Dual 1Ghz 1.5GB RAM 160GB HDD 10.5 Leopard
If you're only worried about the very near future in terms of gaming capability, the base model iMac with the upgraded video card will be brilliant for your needs.

The only problem with the iMac is that you can't update the processor or the video card, which is key for a gamer in terms of longevity (like I have to tell you that).

If you're not worried about 2 years from now, just go with the base iMac. If you are, thats a whole other problem. You know what you want better than we do.

Reaction score
I used to be a Windows PC user also and switching to a Mac is like going from hot dogs to steak. I recommend that you check out the iMac, it should work great for your needs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.