disk utility help please!!

B

BrianH

Im trying to copy an audio cd, I go to FILE>NEW> and then im supposed to be able to select Disk Image From "my cd" but it says " Disk Image from: select a source" in grey and i cant click on it. Whats the deal? Why cant I use it even though i have clicked on my superdrive in the list of drives.

Sorry for the noob-ness,

TIA,
Brian

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

impot it to itunes.... and then burn it.... this would be the simple way. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
lossless? if you mean quality loss, then import it into itunes at a high kbps rate... then burn it. I don'ty know if what you are trying to do is possible since it is an audio cd.

OP
B

BrianH

No, I want to make an EXACT image not through itunes, and the help for disk uitility says it cant be done, i just dont know why it wont recognize the disk...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
BrianH said:
No, I want to make an EXACT image not through itunes, and the help for disk uitility says it cant be done, i just dont know why it wont recognize the disk...

Set the encoder to AIFF (Or Apple Lossless, or WAV) in iTunes, and you will have a perfect no-loss copy.

Don't know why Disk Utility won't recognize it.

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
BrianH said:

It might be a protected CD.

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
OP
B

BrianH

Thanks guys, I know i could go the itunes route, but just for sake i was wondering why it wouldnt get a disk image from disk uitility.

thanks,
Brian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.