Mac Pro - "EFI Boot" - What is it? HELP :(

Reaction score
Ok so first let me tell you my setup. I have 2 HDDs. The 1st one has OSX Leopard, and Windows XP on it. The 2nd one has OSX Snow Leopard on it, and is the main hard drive that I boot on for daily use.

Alright, so today I was on my regular "Macintosh HD2" HDD in Snow Leopard. My internet connection stopped working, so I decided to try a restart because my apartments internet is retarded like that. So when I restarted, the loading screen looked normal with the exception of a loading bar that came up. This loading bar never loaded completely, and just disappeared. After that, it just stayed on the loading screen forever, and never booted up.

I manually rebooted, and held down the option key to select which HDD I wanted to start in. For some odd reason, instead of it being named "Macintosh HD2," it was now named "EFI Boot." I am unsure why, and what this means. However, I tried to do a disk utility repair with my install DVD, and it failed the repair.

Now, when I start into my "Macintosh HD1," the second hard drive is not even visible in Finder.

Did my HD poop out on me? Does anyone have a solution. Please

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.