iPhone 4 cases and screen protectors

Reaction score
Hey all. Like many of you I ordered my iPhone 4 and can't wait until next week. However, I was wondering what you all thought about protective cases for it. I currently have a nice hard case for my iPhone 3g, but obviously need a new one for the new iPhone. So far I have only heard about the bumped. I like that it doesn't cover the back glass, but am unsure if it is supposed to be a protective case or more just for visual flair. I'm definitely looking for protection in case in drops.

Also, I love the static cling protective cover for the screen on the phone. I am thinking they need to make ones specifically for the iPhone 4 since there is a camera on the front that you wouldn't want covered by the protective screen. Any word on those in the works? Lemme know what you think!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
Wait till the phone comes out so people can design cases for them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Zagg.com has InvisibleShield available for the iPhone 4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Getting a Macbook Pro i7 in June. I also own an iPhone 3GS.
My wife replaced her 3G last August. Since last August, she has a huge crack down the top center of her iPhone screen, another small crack at the bottom, her ringer switch no longer turns off the ringer, and it's scratched to ****. The problem is that she is a delivery driver and uses her phone as a GPS and keeps dropping it. I don't think a day has gone by that she hasn't dropped it.

When the iPhone 4 comes out, she needs something heavy duty to keep it in good condition. I wonder when new cases will start showing up online? I hope there is a decent selection at the Apple store on the 24th.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
My wife replaced her 3G last August. Since last August, she has a huge crack down the top center of her iPhone screen, another small crack at the bottom, her ringer switch no longer turns off the ringer, and it's scratched to ****. The problem is that she is a delivery driver and uses her phone as a GPS and keeps dropping it. I don't think a day has gone by that she hasn't dropped it.

When the iPhone 4 comes out, she needs something heavy duty to keep it in good condition. I wonder when new cases will start showing up online? I hope there is a decent selection at the Apple store on the 24th.

Just keep an eye on the incase site. Their slider has kept my iPhones safe in the field for 3 years

Clay

IPhone 3GS And 3G Incase Product

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I guess it all depends on how you treat your phone and what kind of life it has day to day. I don't even have any kind of case on my iPhone 3GS and it still looks almost new.

I carry it around in my pocket, not the one with my keys, I put it out on my desk when I'm listening to music, put it in my pocket if I'm out riding my bike, etc. It's a pretty tough machine unless you plan on dropping it or banging it around alot.

Reaction score
I'm hoping for a screen protector for the front and back. That with the bumper will be enough for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone

What she needs is the Otterbox Defender, this case is a tank! (I personally have it and love it. My phone looks like new when i take it out the case)
iPhone 3G / 3GS Defender Series Case // OtterBox.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.