os x freaking out. Filesystem?

G

Gar

hi
no matter what program im using, lets take textedit as an example, i have the same problem. ill write something and then close the document without saving and ill get the usual dialog box, do you want to save your work or whatever. then i cant click anything and the app crashes and i get the report to apple or not thing.

also when i go to overwrite a file from any app it crashes.

it sounds like the filesystem is bugging out, some problem with the hard drive. can anyone shine some light? also i ve done all the usual stuff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
disk ultilitys?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Gar said:
it sounds like the filesystem is bugging out, some problem with the hard drive. can anyone shine some light? also i ve done all the usual stuff

What do you mean by the "usual stuff"?

Have you tried rebooting?
Have you repaired permissons?
Have you tried running "Disk Repair" from your restore CD?
Have you checked for any updates through Software Update?
Have you reset the PRAM (granted this probably won't do much, but worth a shot anyway)?
Have you tried an archive and install?

Those are the most likely fixes in the order they should be attempted.

If you have done all of those and are still having problems, we might need some more information to try and help you better. :black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.