When is Apple going to learn?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" Standard Spec. iPhone 4 16GB
If you haven't heard. The release date for the iPhone 4 has been pushed back to July 14th for US and July 2nd for UK.

When are Apple going to fully prepare for a launch??

As you can probably guess the reason for these setbacks is because Apple haven't made enough!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Demand was TEN TIMES higher than it was for the 3GS. I don't think ANYBODY could have predicted that.

Also, I'd like to see your proposal on making several million cutting edge devices and distributing them to hundreds of thousands of locations on a single day.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Technically the 3GS was just an slight upgrade from the 3G.

Apple should have compared the iPhone 3GS to iPhone 4 leap to the iPhone to the iPhone 3G leap. Then they would have been alright.

If they're going to announce something as "Changing Everything. Again" then they should forecast that a lot of people are going to want it. Just like the leap from iPhone to iPhone 3G.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Consider:

It took Sony a year and a half to catch production up to the demand of the PS3.

It took MS over a year to catch production up to the demand of the Xbox.

It took Amazon two years to catch up to the demand for the Kindle.

After all the bad press for the iPad, I don't think anyone in their right mind would have predicted the sales figures it is still putting up.

What, you think Apple, or any other manufacturer should wait until they have 2-3 million units sitting on the shelves ready to ship before they sell the first one? That just doesn't make any sort of good economical sense for any size company.

And if you're comparing, there was no major difference between the sales figures of the 3G and the 3GS during their initial releases. Each of them sold approx 1 million the first weekend.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I would rather have a product that does not have enough inventory stocked up for launch, than something that comes up and doesn't sell enough. It keeps values up! It's business!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'm not sure why you thought this belonged in the Community Suggestions forum.

Moving...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
Does this affect the iOS4 software update or only the actual iPhone4 hardware please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
Does this affect the iOS4 software update or only the actual iPhone4 hardware please?

good question... i have to assume the software/OS is good to go, heck the beta (Gold Master) i have been running is definitely releasable, no bugs that i have found..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 4 hardware has sold out. iOS4 will still be released on time, especially since at least 600k people will have an iPhone 4, which runs iOS4, on 6/24.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
So has it officially been pushed back to July 14th from June 24th for everyone?? I didn't see a link to an Apple statement or news article.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
thanks schweb... i was close :}

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So has it officially been pushed back to July 14th from June 24th for everyone?? I didn't see a link to an Apple statement or news article.

No. It was only pushed back for new orders. The launch date is still 6/24. People that ordered later have a later date. He's posting completely incorrect information. Don't worry. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 3.06GHz, 1TB HD, 4GB RAM; MBP 15" 2.53 GHz

What I got from a posting at Information Week, the date slip is only for additional pre-orders, although the Apple site still says to pre-order in order to get it by 24 June. No official announcements on the Apple PR site indicating any change in dates.

From Information Week:

"According to a notice on Apple's online store, orders placed for an iPhone 4 as of Thursday will not be fulfilled until at least July 14. Apple's original fulfillment date for pre-orders was June 24, but that had slipped to July 2 by earlier this week. Now, it seems, Apple has fallen behind even further."

iPhone 4 Buyers Face More Delays

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 3.06GHz, 1TB HD, 4GB RAM; MBP 15" 2.53 GHz
Ah, now I see. Though the initial preorder page still has the banner stating preorder to get you phone by 24 June, when you go to select, you'll see this...

Screen shot 2010-06-17 at 07.57.57 .png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Sounds like it's gearing up to be a launch day for the books. I guess I'll be getting up bright and early on the 24th to try and pick up my reserved iP4 before work. I really don't trust that there will still be one waiting for me after 5pm, especially if they're still taking reservations at this point.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4
Sounds like it's gearing up to be a launch day for the books. I guess I'll be getting up bright and early on the 24th to try and pick up my reserved iP4 before work. I really don't trust that there will still be one waiting for me after 5pm, especially if they're still taking reservations at this point.

I really hope not, I need to be at work at 8, and I don't think I will be in and out in one hour. Hopefully, I'll be ok for going at 5...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

They haven't been allowing launch day reservation pickup at stores since late on 6/15. They shut that off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
ne thing there's plenty of is confusion :]

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm not sure why you thought this belonged in the Community Suggestions forum.

Moving...

It wasn't in the community suggestions forum. It was in the Apple Rumours and Reports forum..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.