Flashing box top left corner

Reaction score
Hi all,

there was a flashing box (looked like it was downloading something) on my top left corner for the past hour. i updated and restarted my computer and SO FAR i haven't seen it, but it flashed for a quick second every minute or so. anyone have any idea what it could have been?

thanks

Reaction score
Me too ! Anyone know what this is?

i set up screen capture "Instant shot" to grab every .05 seconds but it doesn't show up on the jpg's.

Weird.. so fast.. like a 2 inch box flashes just under the apple in top left. Looks like it's as if i was about to download a .pdf or something.. can't read it.. so fast.

I have Firefox running, using the "Reload every" add on for some open pages... maybe related..also entourage, acro pro 8, word, excel etc.. restarted,.. still there..

anyone else see this? Is it a hack? I guess i should go off wireless and see if it stops..

Reaction score
Solved

the box that flashes every minute or few minutes is actually my 'show progress' send and receive box from the email program (I use Entourage). It flashes so **** fast you can't tell that though. I set a camera up and had to capture it (screen) every 0.02 seconds to see it.. flashes so fast.

but it is not a virus - or hack - good news.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.