Safari window not open

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just recently installed updates into my IMAC. After the installation completed and restarted, I can't open safari anymore (it used to be working fine before the udpates). However, it seems that the application is running but the window just won't popped up.

Is there any settings on safari that went wrong that could be caused by installing those updates ? Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks !

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It may be possible that the application is hidden. Right click the Safari icon in your dock and select "Show".

OP
V
Reaction score
Thx for reply, I have tried that but still not working. By the way, I'm using MAC OS X (Version 10.5.8) with Safari 5 which has just upgraded from previous version.

I'm pretty sure this problem happen right after i finished installing updates into MAC, sorry can't remember which updates are those as there were about 10 of them. And worst, I didn't perform any backup prior to the updates which I should have done that.

Is there any way to revert the Safari back to previous version ? or is Safari 5 not compatible with my current MAC OS X version ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Is there any way to revert the Safari back to previous version ? or is Safari 5 not compatible with my current MAC OS X version ?

Yes, there is a way. I can post the steps I copied from another post later.

Safari 5 is compatible with OS 10.5.8 but you might have older plugins that are not compatible with the new Safari.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.