Speck Case + Moshi Keyboard Cover Question

Reaction score
I have a 13" MBP and was using the Moshi keyboard cover but took it off because it would keep leaving imprints on my screen that would bother me a lot. I notice that on the Speck cases, there's a little gap that's created between the top and bottom of the laptop when you close it...very little but it's there.

My question to those who have both of these products, do you have the same issue of the keyboard cover leaving an imprint on the glass? Or is the gap created large enough to prevent this?

Reaction score
I have a 13" MBP and was using the Moshi keyboard cover but took it off because it would keep leaving imprints on my screen that would bother me a lot. I notice that on the Speck cases, there's a little gap that's created between the top and bottom of the laptop when you close it...very little but it's there.

My question to those who have both of these products, do you have the same issue of the keyboard cover leaving an imprint on the glass? Or is the gap created large enough to prevent this?

Are you talking about the Moshi ShieldPad? If so, I have and use one (no Speck case though) and it never leaves marks on my screens. Though I used to get marks on my screen all the time from my keys and was the reason for me getting the ShieldPad in the first place. What kind of marks is yours leaving?

OP
R
Reaction score
I'm talking about the keyboard cover; the one that fits right over the keys. When I open my laptop I can easily see an imprint of the keys on the screen. But I don't get that at all without the cover on.

Reaction score
I'm talking about the keyboard cover; the one that fits right over the keys. When I open my laptop I can easily see an imprint of the keys on the screen. But I don't get that at all without the cover on.

Gotcha, sorry I misunderstood what it was you had. I can definitely see that cover transferring oils from fingers even worse than the actual keys.

Maybe you could still use it if you also used the Moshi ShieldPad in conjunction with it. It's done the trick for me, keeping those annoying key marks off my screen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.