thumb drive? keyboard?

Reaction score
I just bought my first imac after 20+ years as a windows user. The last two years I dabbled with ubuntu. I have a few questions.

1. I have all of my documents and pictures on thumb drives and I certainly hope I can transfer them easily. Can I? Where do you even insert a thumb drive on these? In the back?
  2. I find the grey on these keys difficult to read. Is there anyplace to get keyboard stickers for a Mac? I have searched, but they all appear to be for Windows keyboards?!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
1. You plug in your flash or thumb drives to the appropriate USB ports. Your iMac manual shows you where they're located.

2. If you can't read the keyboard because of its size, buy the $49.99 large aluminum keyboard with numeric keypad and use it instead of the mini that ships with the iMac. The keys are white not gray.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I just bought my first imac after 20+ years as a windows user. The last two years I dabbled with ubuntu. I have a few questions.

1. I have all of my documents and pictures on thumb drives and I certainly hope I can transfer them easily. Can I? Where do you even insert a thumb drive on these? In the back?
  2. I find the grey on these keys difficult to read. Is there anyplace to get keyboard stickers for a Mac? I have searched, but they all appear to be for Windows keyboards?!

Welcome to the Mac revolution! Yes you're thumb drive is compatible, just stick it into a USB port, which is the port you stuck it in on your windows machine, and you should be good to go. They are on the back of the iMacs. just drag and drop the fiels to wherever you want them to be. I am honeslty not aware of stickers for the Mac keybaords, but I can understand what you mean by them being hard to read for some. You could try using your old keyboard from your Windows machine and see how that works for you. I honestly have never tried doing so, but I have used a Mac keyboard on a Pc and it works. You can also look online for a black Mac keyboard as well. Good luck to you!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.