New Hard Disk Problem with Norton Ghost

Reaction score
Mac Pro 10.6.3
Boot Camp
Norton Ghost 15.0
Windows 7
Hard disk: Seagate Sata 2

I've just installed a new hard disk that is intended as a backup disk for Windows 7, installed through Boot Camp on the Mac Pro tower. I've chosen Norton Ghost as the backup software, and when I try to select the installed drive as the backup disk via Windows 7, I receive the following error messages: "H is a read only location and not a valid destination. Error E7D1001D: unable to open. Error EBAB03F1: access is denied."

On the Mac side in Disk Utility, I have erased the new disk using the "Zero Out Data" option, and the status information for this disk is: write status: read/write; s.m.a.r.t. status: verified; partition map scheme: GUID Partition Table.

Basically, the newly installed hard disk seems to have read and write status on the Mac side but not on the Windows 7 side.

Thanks for any tips on how to make Norton Ghost read this disk as read/write within Windows 7.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
The disk will have to be formatted as FAT32 or NTFS in order for Windows to be able to write to it.

Reaction score
try using deploystudio. it is free and works great, even for dual booting computers

OP
S
Reaction score
I've got it working now with MS-DOS (FAT) selected in the Partition - Format window, and Master Boot Record selected in the Partition - Options window.

Thanks for the support.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.