Font book help needed

Reaction score
Hi

Just setting up my new mac and I added the wrong font collection to font book. Did not think there would be any problems just removing the new library I had made. Re-started the computer, font book looked ok - just had the system fonts there. BUT - opened Quark Xpress and all 1000 of the fonts are open! Double checked font book again and all is well. Any ideas why Quark is seeing all those fonts? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Check two places for those fonts. Look in (user)/Library/Font Collections, and in MacIntosh HD/Library/Fonts. If you find them, delete them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
If you are going to use a lot of fonts I would recommend using a proper font manager instead

Font book is not the best app, the free font explorer is much much better

http://fex.linotype.com/download/mac/FontExplorerX123.dmg

If you really want to manage your fonts well I suggest the suitcase (another font management tool - not free) guide to best font practices in OS X (the guide is free)

Best Practices for Managing Fonts in Mac OS X - 6th Edition (updated: Oct. 2009)

Just substitute use Suitcase with use Linotype FontExplorer

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.