• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iPhone 4 Pre-Order Security Breach

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I read that this morning. It looks like AT&T has completely suspend all pre-orders for the iPhone. According to the news item, Apple is still accepting pre-orders though.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
A major security breach within AT&T. And Apple's reputation is suffering for it. That is so not right. If this dampens the iphone 4 sales even a little I will send a letter overseas telling the AT&T CEO where to shove it.

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Actually watching the media and people's reactions in comments etc, Apple's really not losing and cred over this, everyone is squarely targeting AT&T.

The blame Apple is getting is people complaining over AT&T being the exclusive carrier, but that's no different than normal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Nobody has ever had a problem with Apple regarding the iPhone, Even in the news,TV ...etc the joke and anger has always been targeted at At&t.

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Honestly, my hope is Verizon gets the iPhone soon, but not because I like them, quite the opposite.

I want them to get it so when their network buckles under all the new iPhone users and all those who flee AT&T because of Verizon's supposed superior network, maybe all their self-righteousness will stop. Verizon is not better than AT&T, they just don't have the iPhone yet. ;)

Oh and AT&T's network will be get better once the whiners leave :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Honestly, my hope is Verizon gets the iPhone soon, but not because I like them, quite the opposite.

I want them to get it so when their network buckles under all the new iPhone users and all those who flee AT&T because of Verizon's supposed superior network, maybe all their self-righteousness will stop. Verizon is not better than AT&T, they just don't have the iPhone yet. ;)

Oh and AT&T's network will be get better once the whiners leave :)

I hope all carriers get the iPhone, Honestly At&t has had several years now to fix these problems were always hearing and reading about with there network.
I don't blame people for whining there the customer they can whine all they want.

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I hope all carriers get the iPhone, Honestly At&t has had several years now to fix these problems were always hearing and reading about with there network.
I don't blame people for whining there the customer they can whine all they want.

Well what do you think is a quick fix? They've been spending billions each year to improve the network. I don't think anyone could have anticipated data demands like this.

What do you think they should be doing differently?

I'm not saying I don't wish it was better, but I hate when people assume Verizon could've handled it better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well what do you think is a quick fix? They've been spending billions each year to improve the network. I don't think anyone could have anticipated data demands like this.

What do you think they should be doing differently?

I'm not saying I don't wish it was better, but I hate when people assume Verizon could've handled it better.

Obviously loosing customer isn't an option for them or they would have gave exclusivity of the iPhone. Maybe your right no one could have predicted the massive data demands, But it has been over 3 years now.

I will agree with you I don't know or think Verizon could have done a better job.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
If I recall correctly, you had to pre-order in person in Japan, thus those huge lines. That's really what AT&T should have done. This launch was big... but it was bigger than anyone could have predicted. I read one article saying they took 10x more pre-orders than they did for the 3Gs on day 1. That is simply stunning, and truly a testament to how revolutionary iPhone 4 really is.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.