• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

First time ever at an Apple store

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Nice! I can see the enthusiasm in your smile. ;D:D
You've got good eyesight! I can barely see the smile. :Smirk:

Yup! Blackhawks rally + first trip to Apple store = Greatest day ever!!!!
Well, maybe so far. It will be topped on the day that the Cubs win the World Series again. Not this year, I'm afraid... :\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 4GB, 1TB HDD, quad-core
How funny would it be if the staff uniform was a black turtle neck and jeans.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I was so excited that I made my husband take my picture

4725834233_3c8dcce9d8.jpg

We were at the one in downtown Chicago after the Blackhawks rally, so it was rather crowded.

Wendy

So THAT'S what it looks like inside! I have a blurry night time shot of that store from the outside. It was closed so we didn't get to go inside. :\

DSC00608.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4GHz/ 4GB ram/ 250GB HDD, 2nd Gen 16GB ipod touch, 64GB + 3G iPad
Here's a couple more of the inside....

My 12 & 5 year old...
4731252216_42e11d59c8.jpg

My 9 year old...
4730608269_60503b36d7.jpg

My 2 year old...
4731251718_04ed8ec963.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
That's a pretty nice Apple store you went to Wendy. I haven't been to one that has two floors. It also looks like your children are having a good time. I'm guessing they are future Mac users as well? ;)

Reaction score
The first Apple store I went to was when I was on vacation in NYC. The entrance was awesome! (glass room with an elevator going down into the store)

It was 2007 I think and they had the older all-white iMacs with the funky keyboard.

Here's a page to the store.
Apple Retail Store - Fifth Avenue

And some pictures to go along from the page:
fifthavenue_gallery_image1.jpg

fifthavenue_gallery_image4.jpg

fifthavenue_gallery_image5.jpg

I'm impressed.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I was so excited that I made my husband take my picture

4725834233_3c8dcce9d8.jpg

We were at the one in downtown Chicago after the Blackhawks rally, so it was rather crowded.

Wendy

Looks like you are ready to conquer a mountain. ^-^"

OP
CarpathiaMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini | Intel Core i5 | 8 GB RAM | 240 GB SSD | Dell 27" LCD | OS X 10.10.x
That New York store really is a stunning piece of architecture.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's a pretty nice Apple store you went to Wendy. I haven't been to one that has two floors. It also looks like your children are having a good time. I'm guessing they are future Mac users as well? ;)
Yes! LOL They would love to be Mac users now, but I haven't seen the need to replace their computer yet...just so they could play webkinz :p

Looks like you are ready to conquer a mountain. ^-^"

We had this "brilliant" idea that I would carry the baby in the backpack carrier instead of trying to push a stroller during the Blackhawks rally. She was in it all of 2 minutes before she started screaming. I had to carry it around for the other 8 hours. LOL It was probably better that we carried her anyway....for the 2 minutes she was in it, every time someone bumped it I about lost my balance and fell over from the weight on my back. Oh well, live and learn.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The first Apple store I went to was when I was on vacation in NYC. The entrance was awesome! (glass room with an elevator going down into the store)

It was 2007 I think and they had the older all-white iMacs with the funky keyboard.

Here's a page to the store.
Apple Retail Store - Fifth Avenue

And some pictures to go along from the page:
fifthavenue_gallery_image1.jpg

fifthavenue_gallery_image4.jpg

fifthavenue_gallery_image5.jpg

I'm impressed.

WOW!! That is stunning!!!!

Reaction score
You must be talking about Partridge Creek. Actually there are 4 Apple stores in the Metro Detroit area. I've been to 3 of them (Partridge Creek, Twelve Oaks and Briarwood where I bought my iMac). Yes, it's a pleasure to visit any of them.

lol, that's funny. when i read the OP, i knew he was talking about Partridge Creek (despite never having been there), haha. i've never been to any of the three you've listed, but i do go to the one at Somerset nearly monthly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 3.06 c2d, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD
lol, that's funny. when i read the OP, i knew he was talking about Partridge Creek (despite never having been there), haha. i've never been to any of the three you've listed, but i do go to the one at Somerset nearly monthly.

What's really funny is that I was at Somerset last week. However, I didn't stop at the Apple store because there must have been 500 people in a line into the mall...waiting to get a new iPhone.

Reaction score
that is funny!

i am in rochester and am happy to know that there is a closer location to me (partridge creek) than the one at somerset! good stuff.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.