MacBook pro serious problem won't start up

Reaction score
Hello serious problem here with my MacBook pro if there are any experts or people in the know I would appreciate some advice.

I recently connected the MacBook pro to a new samnsung touch screen monitor via dvi to hdmi, everything seemed to be working fine until I shut down and then tried to restart the next day.

Now the MacBook won't start up, not even getting a gray or blue screen. The power and fans just seem to run for a few seconds then it cuts out dead. If I long hold the power button it seems to run a bit longer but then fizzles out.

I have tried disconnecting all peripherals, disconnecting power, removing battery, long hold shut down in attempt to reset pram, even changed memory and reinstalled it but still the same problem

If anyone has experience of this problem or has any suggestions of some kind of internal reset button I would really appreciate it thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It would help if you gave the year and model of your MBP. Is the machine still under warranty or Apple care? If it is, make an appointment with the genius bar at your local Apple store and have them look at it. I suspect you have a hardware problem and it sounds like it may be serious.

Regards.

Reaction score
macbook problem

Same thing happened to mine two months after the warranty ran out. Applecare wanted 100. just to diagnose the problem. I leaned after this that right before warranty runs out, take it to applecare so they can check it out. Mine was the video card and it was not worth fixing. My computer was working fine. Got a message to shut down and then restart. machine never started again...only the ding sound of it turning on and then the fan and nothing on the screen. I was so unhappy that this happened after 3 years and two months. sorry for you. This must be a problem they plan on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.