Software update speed???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MBP 15" [email protected]
Is there somewhere that i can adjust the download speed of software update, i would like to download the rest of the garageband content, its 1.2GB and i want it to download slower so i can still use the net. Is there a way to do this or a download manager i can use??
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
I don't believe Mac's software updater has a way to customize the downloads in the way you are requesting. You can choose to download the updates one at time which makes them smaller that way. That's a pretty big GarageBand download. Are you sure that's one download only?

If it is then you are going to have to download it when you have some downtime like when you eat lunch or do it overnight if you use your computer all day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As a suggestion either use the 'net or download. Do not try both together as it leads to problems. And do not outlay cash on a Download Manager as none are as good as the built in manager. Avoid Speed Download at all costs!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.