iPod Passcode

Reaction score
So I just got this iPod Touch off of Craigslist only to find that when I got it home, there is a passcode. The previous owner has still not returned my e-mails or my calls. I tried to just restore the iPod but when I try on my MacBook Pro, I get error 1600 and when I tried on my PC, I got error 1601. This is very frustrating. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Didn't you test it before you bought it? Sounds like someone's trying to sell you something stolen.

OP
T
Reaction score
Yeah. I realized how stupid I was right after I left in the car. I was just excited to get a new iPod after my old one broke. Even if it was stolen, I paid money for it so I'm just trying to get what I paid for. People do bad things, but I just wanted an iPod

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I found this on another forum, give it a shot:

1) Connect the iPod Touch
2) Press and hold sleep+home until the device reboots.
3) Keep holding until that "please connect me to iTunes"-screen appears
4) iTunes says something about having detected a touch in recovery mode. Allow it to do its thing.

If you get the -18 error, proceed:

5) Disconnect the iPod Touch
6) Close iTunes
7) Reconnect the iPod Touch
8) iTunes launches and shows message as in step 4, but this time, the recovery will work

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.