Finding WPA airport password

Reaction score
My kids were here for the weekend and used my password protected Airport connection with no problem. They left this morning, and I now cannot get into my own network. When I type the password that I have used for years, the system doesn't recognize it. Unfortunately, it is not in my keychain under utilities.

How do I "help" the system find it, or establish a new password?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Hope you did not give them your password as they can then change it. Try turning off the router and unplug for half an hour and restart and see if things are okay.

OP
B
Reaction score
Now OK

Well I was using the ethernet directly to the computer from the router to use the internet while Airport was down. When I reattached the ethernet connection to Airport, Viola!, the Airport connect revived, and did not ask for the password.

I'm not asking questions, I rejoice that it works...

Thanks for your quick response. If it happens again, I will shut down the router and go that route.

BTW, the kids have used their laptops on my network many times before, using the password, and we have had no problems. I did ask them if they had changed the settings, and they said that they just selected the Airport network and typed in the password.

Shhhh...it's working!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.