Safari 5: Slowing down/crashing

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got Safari 5 when it came out but I just cant use it, whenever I do it slows my Mac down so bad it sometimes even freezes. I cant scroll down a page smoothly its really jumpy and it gets even worse until it just freezes. Sometimes it will just get really slow and ill get fed up and close it or sometimes it freezes the whole OS and I have to switch it off by holding the power button. I now use Chrome instead cus it doesnt do that to me and no other web browser has done until Safari 5.
Ive also looked for software updates but nothing is available.

Any ideas?

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How about some specs on which version of OS X you're running, the model and year of your Mac? Next question: Do you have a backup? Time Machine?

Regards.

OP
F
Reaction score
How about some specs on which version of OS X you're running, the model and year of your Mac? Next question: Do you have a backup? Time Machine?

Regards.

Ive got Snow Leopard and the most recent version of it, I cant check the exact details as my Macbook is at home. My Macbook is a Macbook Pro but I got it in December 2009 so it isnt the newest Macbook Pro model.

I dont have a backup but I reformatted Macintosh HD a few weeks ago.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.