Mac Magazines

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
I've subscribed to Maclife - they have a deal going where you can get the digital and print edition which I like.

Macworld has gotten better - but I didn't subscribe. The first few times I bought the magazine I got the feeling that Apple could do no wrong. I felt like anything they reviewed that was made by Apple had an unfair bias. Last time I looked I think they seemed a little more reasonable but since I already subscribed to Maclife - I didn't sign up here.

If you can afford it I've always liked the british format magazines. I.E. mac format, linux format, and pc format - but subscriptions, because we are overseas and because of exchange rates, make it very expensive.

Reaction score
doggone they

I still love Macworld although they post lots of their content online as well. It is fun getting a new issue every month though.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I've subscribed to Maclife - they have a deal going where you can get the digital and print edition which I like.

Thanks Ivan. That is indeed a good deal.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
You haven't said what country you are in. In the UK MacFormat is prety good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Also try going to Apple Product Registrations and register your mac if you haven't yet.
I did it 1 month ago when I was exploring the Apple site and had the option of a 6 month free subscription to Macworld or MacLife, although I don't know if they still do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
I'm a Macworld fan myself--MacLife seems a little too "glitzy" for my tastes--but yeah, there is still some intrinsic bias.

For some reason the Brits get all the good magazines--Evo for cars (or shall I say autos) and Mac Format for Macs...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
I'm a Macworld fan myself--MacLife seems a little too "glitzy" for my tastes--but yeah, there is still some intrinsic bias.

For some reason the Brits get all the good magazines--Evo for cars (or shall I say autos) and Mac Format for Macs...

That's because we won't read anything that is "crappy". If a magazine isn't informative we don't bother to buy them. ;D

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I like Macworld too, and they have a very good deal on 2 year subscription.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.