Yet another Windows XP to Mac thread

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
I have searched all of the threads here and nothing has helped. I setup a network on my pc and the pc found my mac. The problems im having are that the PC will not connect to the mac and my mac wont find the pc. I have no idea what to do, some help would be great.

OP
PunkRockTuba
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, but that didnt help. I can see that my powebook is on the network when im on my pc, but I cant get access to it. Now when I get on my powerbook and look in the network there is a folder that is named the same as my network but there is nothing inside of it when I open it.

ok I took a screen shot of my network places on my pc (first picture), I can see the powerbook perfectly fine, but when I go to click on it it gives me an error (second picture):

networkplaces.jpg

error.jpg

Valued-a4de119d is the name of my computer, the workgroup name is HOME1, and UPSTAIRS is the description of my computer. Usually after 10-15 minutes a server icon shows up in the HOME1 folder under network on my powerbook, but when I try to open it it says something about cannot be found and fix alias. Im totally lost, I have absolutely no idea what to do.

M

meatychi

OK what you need to do is this:

Open up system preferences on your MAC
Tick Windows Sharing and click start
Go to your PC
Open your microsoft windows network in your explorer
You should see Mshome ( pending on how you have set you network up )
And Workgroup
Click on Workgroup
Enter the username and password of your mac account you are currently logged in on.
In your workgroup you should see your MAC
If you open your username profile directory then you will see what you see in your finder!

OP
PunkRockTuba
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the help I finally figured it out. I was about to go crazy.

B

BzNz

this is the exact same thing i want to setup. when i clock windows sharing on mac in un-ticks it straight away

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.