Pixelmator help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac base
Why, when I open an image from iPhoto and do some work to it and do a "save as" back into iPhoto, is it unusable? When I save I do it as a Jpeg, I tried with and without extension.
When I open the iPhoto folder the images aren't visible but I can see them if I look through Finder. I tried to drag from Finder into my mobileme gallery and it just opens the pic in the browser. If I drag to an Iphoto folder it says the image is unusable.
It works if I "send to" Iphoto but then it creates a new event every time and that just seems like extra steps that should be unnecessary.

Thanks for any help.

Kevin

Reaction score
That is strange. I tried to duplicate it but could not. I assume you have tried with different images and you are *sure* you saved as a JPG and not a PSD or another file type?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
I too just tried to replicate it, but no problems here, are you sure they are not .png files?

OP
U
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac base
Yep, I'm sure they are Jpeg.
I'm wondering if I should reload it or something. I d/l the trial version and it expired, so when I was at the apple store I just bought the program. When I went to install it, I was asked if I wanted to use the older version on the disk or the newer one I had downloaded. So I decided to see if I could just use the reg number on the disk which it let me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.