after headphones no audio and red light?

T

thorsonb

Ok
For some reason I plugged my friends cheap headphone into my Macbook… to listen to some music on a train….

And now after I pulled out the headphones, a red light is lighting up n the headphone plug…

With that light on, I cannot play any sound on my macbook (without the headphones)

Is their a keystroke combination I need to use or something I tried turning the volume ot the Mac, restart, shutdown and start up again… pulled out the battery and all!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Reinsert the headphone jack into the audio port a couple of times to free it up. That should do the trick.

OP
T

thorsonb

Didnt work :(

i still got this problem! lol i didnt really look much into it, i just whipped out another laptop with audio :(

But now i want to use my Macbook :(

What am i to do!

Reaction score
There is a old trick, but USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, Its always recommended to take it to the Apple Store or to an Apple Authorized Service Provider... I take no responsibility for you doing this, but heres go anyway...

Take a match stick gently stick it in and push gently to the back to hit the re-set switch. you may need to get flash light just so you know where the little pin looking switch is, buts IT IS in there... all the way in the back, once you hit it, it should turn that light off, and the audio should start coming out your speakers again, once you start playing something.

This seems to be a common problem with MB, and MBPs and have done this lots of times, and again, cant stress enough, be careful, doit at your own risk, and if you feel uncomfortable, take it to a pro please.

Let me know how it works out.

Reaction score
Red Light

Put headphones back in and play some sound through them. Stop the sound and open System Prefs. Go to output and play more sound then unplug headphones. It should switch back to normal and play sound and turn off the red light. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.