Is this odd or should I be considered lucky?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iphone 3GS 16GB Ipad 16GB
I called *639# for my upgrade info the other day and it said "You may select equipment at our full retail pricing. An upgrade may be available on 06/05/20011" and I just dialed the same number again and it said "As a valued AT&T customer, we can offer you an upgrade with a new 2-yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee".

LOL so should I consider myself lucky?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
I could be wrong but I thought AT&T announced that they shorted the upgraded waiting period for everyone so that more people will be eligible to get the new iPhones sooner.

It's either that or AT&T has a personal liking towards you. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Did you try it again after that? Could just have been a glitch since so many people must be checking right now

OP
Buddha_luver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I could be wrong but I thought AT&T announced that they shorted the upgraded waiting period for everyone so that more people will be eligible to get the new iPhones sooner.

It's either that or AT&T has a personal liking towards you. ;)

Yes but that is for customes who have a regular upgrade date before December 31, 2010

OP
Buddha_luver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Kash I just tried it again and it says the same thing. So I am assuming it's not a glitch also I am the person who signed the contract so I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

OP
Buddha_luver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Also when I login to my AT&T online account it shows I am elgible for an upgrade. So I guess I really am?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You might want to talk to a live person if you want an official answer but if it's true then I guess you can indeed consider yourself lucky.

OP
Buddha_luver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
LOL ok well if it isn't valid lets hope the computer doesn't pick it up untill after I order the iphone 4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If it isn't valid then just tell them you are allergic to old iPhones. Maybe they will have sympathy for you and still get you a new iPhone. ;)

OP
Buddha_luver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok will remeber that EndlessMac!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
LOL ok well if it isn't valid lets hope the computer doesn't pick it up untill after I order the iphone 4.

Take screenshots of your account showing that and save the texts. Even if it was a glitch, you can probably hold them to it and make them give you the upgrade. I know it sounds a little mean, but they should have better control of their systems and the information they're putting out to customers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.