Exporting iPhone SMS Messages to PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Anyone have any luck exporting SMS (Text) messages from an iPhone 3GS to the PC?

All the searches I've done, come up with "Tansee iPhone Transfer SMS". The Description looks good, but everytime I try it, it Does see the iPhone, but says "iPhone connected, reading data...". The help on their site says it might take a while, but no longer than 1 hour. I've not let it go that long, but there's no progress indicator or anything else that tells you if it's actually doing anything.

My next attemp will be to let it run over night to give it plenty of time to get the data if it's just taking a long time. This is the free version that says it can export 20 SMS messages. I want to make sure it works before I pay and register it.

I need to be able to export text messages in a readable format for legal purposes. This program looks like it will fit the bill if it works. I need to know who said what, date, time, etc.

Any feedback on how well this program works, or something else that would fit the bill would be great.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2ghz, Core Duo, 1gig ram, 100Gig
Might be silly and obvious and you probably already thought of this, but what about taking screen shots of the messages and then emailing the pictures of them to your email?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5/ iphone4S 32GB.Ipad 3G
can you explain exporting? because if im reading this correctly you should be able to copy sms and post via i-mail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
yea, what ipsdude said... you can forward per message, lot of work if you have a lot of messages...

(when i used a JB device i used iTextUploader, but i just read they stopped the service :( YouArchive.It :: Your life, archived in 160 characters!, never found anything like it for none JB, would like to find it as well...)

OP
S
Reaction score
Might be silly and obvious and you probably already thought of this, but what about taking screen shots of the messages and then emailing the pictures of them to your email?

Screenshoot on the iPhone? I didn't know you could do that, so I'll have to look into that one. I know how to forward text from and SMS text message to email, but if you've ever forwarded a thread, it doesn't identify who said what or when it was sent. Therefore, you have a big long string of text all run together and you can't show for sure who said what.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
Screenshoot on the iPhone? I didn't know you could do that, so I'll have to look into that one. I know how to forward text from and SMS text message to email, but if you've ever forwarded a thread, it doesn't identify who said what or when it was sent. Therefore, you have a big long string of text all run together and you can't show for sure who said what.

press & hold Home and then the Lock button, you'll hear the shutter sound and the screenshot is in the Photo Roll.... easy-peasy :}

OP
S
Reaction score
This is for my Wife's iPhone. She's got a ton, several months of texts from her ex and they are having some legal custody issues. She's got quite a few things on him and email and text, but we can't seem to get the texts in a format that would look good for legal proceedings.

The program I mentioned in my first post does not seem to work. I downloaded and verfied that I had the most recent version. It sounds like it does exactly what we want, but it does not seem to work, so I'm not going to buy it. I tried it with her iphone a couple of times, let it run for an entire day when all it said it was doing was reading data...Their website says it can take a while, but should not take longer than an hour. I tried it with my iphone on a different system and pretty much had the same results but I didn't let it run all day.

In any case, what we need is a full export of the text messages to a file that can viewed on the computer containing date/time, who sent each message and the message.

I'm Extremely surprised that Apple did not build this feature in. Any help getting the info out would be great.

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.